by Sumedha Rewar
Acne affects about 70-90% of the people during teenage much older age stages. It is not a life-threatening disease but can affect your life by the feeling of lower self-esteem, reduced confidence level and issues relating to the image. Fighting the skin issues is needed to get rid of these unwanted spots.
You have many options to treat the acne. It is mainly caused due to clogged pores having infection leading to pustules and whiteheads. Essential oils make the skin healthy and clear. There are different medications used for acne but the alternative modes like essential oils are the most suitable to get rid of these sources of infection on the skin.
The fact is that OTC or prescription treatments might work for a short term and leave side effects. Essential oils work in the natural way to make your skin look & feel healthy. This is the way to experience the effects of medications and try out the ways to get rid of skin irritation, acne or the related issues. Essential oils are powerful and need to be used cautiously to get the desired effect.
Remember, you need to dilute the essential oils while applying them directly to your skin.
Some Essential Oils to cure acne
- Tea Tree Oil: This is powerful oil having strong antiseptic, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties. It can reduce inflammation and acne on your skin. Add a few drops of tea tree oil to a carrier oil and apply it on the target spots. It acts as a wiping agent for acne.
- Lavender: Lavender is a perfect agent to reduce skin irritation and even fights blemishes and spots on the skin. It has astringent properties for fighting acne and even moisturizes the skin in the best way. It can be added in almond oil and jojoba oil to work as a cleanser and a moisturizer.
- Clary Sage: This oil contains linalyl acetate which is the best agent for curing skin irritation and inflammation. This ingredient is effective for reducing bacterial growth and lowering cortisol levels.
- Oregano: Oregano is not only for seasoning the Italian dishes. The oregano oil has natural antiseptic properties and heals pimples. It can be diluted with a carrier oil (1:1 quantity) to make the mixture. Dab it on the spots as required.
- Rosemary: This oil has antiseptic properties and is generally used as a scrub or cleanser. It is blended with a carrier oil and eliminates the oily residues on the face. It can maintain the smoothness of the skin and reduces red spots.
- Bergamot: Antibacterial properties of Bergamot contain fresh citrus scent which eliminates the acne breakouts. It even avoids the recurrence of pimples.
All these options are great for all those who want to avoid acne. It is important to note that the results will appear only with the consistent use and not after one or two-times application. It is always good to prevent your skin from direct exposure to pollutants and deal with acne problems. You can free your skin from the oil and reduce the chances of getting acne with the pure versions of the oils mentioned above. It is worth doing and can actually change the way to get clearer skin.
Natural things go slowly and steadily. Choose the oils that fit your system the most.
Sumedha Rewaris an expert in aroma-therapy and has experience in sharing valuable information for Reiki and Yoga articles as well. She is eager to know about the newest trends in the market and researching about them in the best way. Her experiments in essential oils with the scientific study have motivated her towards sharing the valuable information for the same.