by Sumedha Rewar
Lemon essential oil has numerous uses in essential oil therapy. The qualities of lemon include giving cleanliness, freshness and glow to the skin. It can even kill bacteria and gives curative impact even for acute illness. The antiseptic properties of Lemon are widely known. The room spray with lemon oils in hospital rooms, schools and waiting rooms is always good for getting freshness and make the place germ-free.
Lemon Oil has High Vibrations, which lifts up the spirits and promotes the mental balance. Lemon brings balance in physical and psychological health and stimulates mind; concentration and memory. Studies reveal that the citrus fragrance boosts immunity, reduces depression and induces relaxation in the body. Lemon essential oils have powerful antioxidant properties having the ability to improve body’s circulation.
Therapeutic uses of Lemon Essential Oil
- Lemon essential oil can cure cold sores, mouth ulcers or herpes and it aids healing.
- This oil can be amazing for the treatment of sore throat or curing the common cold and is commonly used in gargling.
- Lemon essential oil can treat anemia with the presence of Vitamin C.
- Treatment of varicose veins is possible with lemon oil as it can improve pressure on veins by giving better circulation.
- Lemon oil can treat the itchiness caused by measles and eczemas. It can be done by adding 1-2 drops oil in some water for sponging.
- The oil may be applied to treat varicose veins by relieving pressure and circulation on the veins. It is included in skin lotions for the required functioning.
- Lemon essential oils taken orally can help in curing the high acid content in body fluids by neutralizing the acid and is a perfect remedy for gout and rheumatism. It even eliminates uric acid from the body and makes it detoxified from the effect of high acid levels.
- The oil is a great stimulant of the immune system of the body. It enhances WBC formation and helps the body to get protected during epidemics and flu.
- Rub a few drops of Lemon essential oil on the cellulite for the elimination of the cell wastes and improve circulation.
- Lemon essential oil is an antiseptic, disinfectant and a styptic which prohibits the wounds from bleeding. It is a great remedy for treating wounds and even tooth troubles.
- Rubbing the oil on the wart makes it disappeared. 2 drops of Lemon Oil can clear off athlete’s foot and cures skin infections.
- Lemon essential oil is a boon for oily skin care and it removes acne and balances sebaceous glands.
Sumedha Rewaris an expert in aroma-therapy and has experience in sharing valuable information for Reiki and Yoga articles as well. She is eager to know about the newest trends in the market and researching about them in the best way. Her experiments in essential oils with the scientific study have motivated her towards sharing the valuable information for the same.